This course is divided into 2 parts; a study on healing the wounds of trauma and a study on community development. Each part has a manual, divided into lessons and this study guide will guide you through these.
A. For Healing the wounds of Trauma:
- Describe the questions about God that come when there is great suffering.
- Recognize that wounds of the heart need to be cared for as are physical wounds.
- Explain the process of grief.
- Describe various types of trauma and loss.
- Explain how to help people experience God’s healing of their pain.
- Demonstrate a recognition of the need for forgiveness and repentance in the healing process.
- Demonstrate understanding of how we can live as Christians in the midst of ethnic tension.
- Use the Scriptures in the above contexts.
- Demonstrate an understanding of a Biblical view of the theology of suffering.
B. For Shalom: A Manual for Christian Workers
- Explain how sin affects people in all contexts and why it is better to fight the spiritual battle as a united group rather than as an individual
- Describe the biblical support for Christians working together to address practical life issues.
- Demonstrate a commitment to allowing the Holy Spirit to speak through Scripture to identify areas in which one needs to change, even if this makes us uncomfortable.
- Demonstrate a commitment to work with one’s community on these issues.